My heart will always be in Wisconsin, as that’s where I grew up. There are so many wonderful things to do and see across Wisconsin! Don’t think stereotypical; I’m not a farm girl, I’m from the city!
I love Wisconsin, and here are 20 reasons why!
Let’s review a few main highlights:
- The lake front (scenic paths, beaches, kite fest, and more)
- Summer Fest (and all of the weekend festivals throughout the summer!)
- The State Fair (and the big yellow slide, cream puffs, and more!)
- The FOOD! So many restaurants, that could be another page! (Milwaukee is known for being diverse, with many European ethnicities having settled here. There are plenty of restaurants to pick from, including German, Italian, French, Mexican, Chinese, and more!)
- The Districts (Cute sections of downtown all with their own highlights, such as the 3rd Ward.)
- The Milwaukee Zoo
- The Domes
- Milwaukee Brewers Stadium (Baseball)
- Milwaukee Bucks (Basketball)
- Milwaukee Admirals (Hockey)
- Wauwatosa – The Best Milwaukee Suburb! (I’m not bias…) The Tosa Village is full of restaurants and hosts many events. Enjoy a meal at Cafe Hollander, stroll along the parkway, and visit Mayfair Mall or the Mayfair Collection to satisfy your shopping needs.
- The Capitol
- Weekend Farmer’s Market
- Beautiful lakes (take a Saturday sail)
The Wisconsin Dells
- Just north of Madison, visit the Dells, a favorite tourist destination!
- Noah’s Ark is America’s Largest Water Park! A must visit at least once per summer for all Wisconsinites. (Yes, a waterpark in Wisconsin! It’s plenty warm from June through August.)
- The Green Bay Packers
- Bay Beach
- All of the adorable little villages, each with delicious restaurants & beautiful harbors!
- Egg Harbor – My favorite cute little village. Enjoy breakfast at The Village Cafe!
- Fish Creek – I love the White Gull Inn Fish Boil!
- Sister’s Bay – Enjoy Al Johnson’s swedish pancakes (the restaurant with grass & goats on the roof!), and if you have children, head over to the the go cart track.
- Washington Island and Rock Island